Typo3 routing

You are creating a site with typo3? You have no intention to have multiple domains even in future? You have no intention of using extensions? Just use the core extension SimulateStaticDocuments and enable it in your typoscript template with:

config.simulateStaticDocuments = 1

It works fine.
But seriously you do not want to do that!

RealUrl

The standard configuration is just as simple as I describe it on my site.
Now do not be silly to expect it to take over the routes of your self made extension. Extensions like tt_news have documentation how to configure RealUrl properly.
If an extension has no preparation for the routes with RealUrl it is just a shit extension do not blame Typo3 for this.

Typo3 URI problem

What is the synopsis?
I used mc_googlesitemap (version 0.4.2; which seemed buggy). Google Webmaster Tools accepted the URI in the sitemap. I quick fixed the problem in the extension mc_googlesitemap (URI still persists in google site search).

You could ask for my fix but I would be rather you use another extension! Anyhow I understand if you have a problem. I am sure you know how to contact me if you are not a bot.

What was wrong?

http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/ does not cause an error.
http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/ does.

it’s even this which triggers it: http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/X://X

And this shows a blank page:

http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/X:/X
http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/X:X
http://www.DOMAIN.TLD/X:

What is my typo 3 version?
It is 4.5.2 and my realurl setup is at pastebin.com

What is my temporary workaround?
For now I put this in my .htaccess and I know it does not cover all cases mentioned above:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/http://.*|/https://.*)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/page-not-found.html [R=301,L,E=nolog:1]

Face to Face – Julian Assange


This video Face to Face with [[Julian Assange]] dated 04-11-2010 (I guess should be 2010-04-11) on Wikileaks (part 1) 51.641 views and (part 2) 7.433 views seems to be a very nice insight to the way Julian thinks.

First of all Julian goes into the 38 minutes Video taken from the gunsite of the lead apache helicopter called „crazy horse“. He describes the scene summarising the events involving people of [[Reuters]] getting shot and even killed.

Julian in my opinion argues only rationally very few emotional arguments arise. I just wonder why so few people watched the two videos.

In my opinion Julians comparison to video games might not be very helpful. I do not actually play computer games but I do not expect people that play video games to be potential killers. Actually what Julian says is: if you want to kill people go to the American army an as long as you stick to the rules you will be fine.

You need to install ruby-debug to run the server in debugging mode

I wanted to try ruby-debug as described in the book by Patrick Lenz Simply Rails 2.0 in chapter 11. I installed the gem with »sudo gem install ruby-debug«. The following error I got staring the server with debug option prevented me from carrying on with the lesson:

USER@COMPUTER:/var/www/ror$ rails server –debug
=> Booting Mongrel
=> Rails 3.0.3 application starting in development on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
You need to install ruby-debug to run the server in debugging mode. With gems, use ‚gem install ruby-debug‘
Exiting

I googled my ass off to find the solution. Most sites had a hint about incompatibility between ruby, rails and gems. But the solution was much more simple. Just edit the Gemfile and uncomment »gem ‚ruby-debug’« like this:

# To use debugger
gem ‚ruby-debug‘

Repair broken html

This worked pretty well for me:
“NB:“ Entities such as „en dash“ – which results in: – have to be substituted before using tidy.

for i in *.html; do recode windows-1252..u8 $i;done
for i in *.html; do sed -i ’s#<html>#<html xmlns=“http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml“ xml:lang=“en“ lang=“en“>#‘ $i;done
for i in *.html; do tidy -c -m -utf8 -asxml $i;done
for i in *.html; do sed -i ‚1i\<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC „-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN“ „http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd“>‘ $i;done
for i in *.html; do sed -i ’s#</title>#</title>\n<meta http-equiv=“Content-Type“ content=“text/html; charset=utf-8″ />#‘ $i;done